Torston Schubert - Executive Chef
Pearl Continental Hotel & Resorts
Asian Honey & Tea Grilled Prawns
by Chef Torston Schubert
720g Medium Prawns (peeled and deveined)
240ml Brewed Double Strength Orange Spice Tea
60ml Rice Vinegar
60ml Soy Sauce
15 g Fresh Ginger (peeled and finely chopped)
2g Ground Black Pepper
Zest from 1 Orange
1. Combine marinade ingredients (everything but the prawns and salt)
2. Remove 1/3 of the marinade and set aside for dipping sauce.
3. Add Prawns to the rest of the marinade, turning to coat and marinate in refrigerator for 2 hours.
4. Meanwhile, place reserved marinade in a small saucepan, bring to a boil and reduce slightly.
5. Remove prawns from the marinade and thread onto lemongrass skewers, dividing evenly.
6. Grill over medium heat until prawns turn pink and are just firm to the touch, turning once.
7. Serve together with the reserved marinade.
NOTE: For this recipe we recommend using Cotton Blossom BeeMa Honey