Steve Barton - Executive Chef
Ellerslie Events Center
Auckland, New Zealand
President New Zealand Chefs Association
French lamb rack with honey
by Chef Steve Barton
2 whole lamb racks French trimmed
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
2 tbsp honey
1 tbsp. Fresh thyme leaves
1tbsp fresh rosemary
1/2 tbsp cumin powder
salt black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 220c
2. Cut lamb racks in half to give 4 to 5 cutlets for each piece and place into roasting dish.
3. Combine vinegar, honey, thyme, rosemary and cumin and then drizzle over the meat.
4. Cover and leave to marinate for 30 minutes.
5. Drizzle with olive oil season with salt and pepper and roast for 15 minutes for medium rare.
6. Leave to rest for 5 minutes before carving.
7. Serve with new potatoes and buttered peas.
NOTE: For this recipe we recommend using Black Forest BeeMa Honey